auto-rotation in 5.0.1/.02

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Sat Nov 26 16:29:00 EST 2011

Hi I just upgraded to 5.0.1 (and then .2 thinking that might solve the
following problem but it didn't). Gone from the standalone settings pane are
the options to set the "supported orientations" and in there place are new
options to set the initial orientation for iPad. A program that previously
rotated fine is now opening in whatever orientation I tell it initially but
then stays locked in that orientation. How can I get it to auto-rotate
again?

PS the release notes appear to be no help in this regard as it states pg 26:

On startup, the engine reads the settings of 'initial orientation' and
'supported orientations' from the
plist (as configured by the iOS standalone settings pane). It uses the
supported orientations it finds
to initialize the orientations allowed by autorotation (i.e.
iphoneSetAllowedOrientations), and the
initial orientation it finds to ensure the interface starts the correct way
round.
To ensure that your application works in only specific orientations from the
outset, you need only
configure the options in the standalone builder. In particular, you need
take no further action in
script.

Unfortunately I think the standalone builder is now missing these options
(or I missed where they have moved to)?

Thanks for any help....

-- Mark