"Seamless Tiles 2" stack updated

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Nov 25 09:44:59 EST 2011

Just uploaded a slightly updated version of the "Seamless Tiles
Generator 2" to

<http://www.sanke.org/Software/SeamlessTiles2.zip>

See the descriptions on page "Sample Stacks" on my website
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>.

Among other things this stack features an improved resizable and
draggable selection graphic that lets you choose a segment of any size
from the imported source image  to create a seamless tile.

The ink of the selection graphic needed to be adapted both to the
differences between Windows and MacOS and the stackfileversions 2.4 and 2.7.

With engine versions < 2.7 we need "admin" for MacOS and "srcAnd" for
Windows. For engine versions  2.7 and higher "srccopy" is necessary for
both platforms to show a transparent graphic.

Moreover, I have changed the stack extension from "*.mc" to "*.rev", to
enable users of Rev 3.0 to see and load the stack.

See the quote of my earlier post (to the Metacard- and Improve-lists)
concerning  this special problem:

>   Strange change of file associations with Rev 3-gm-3 engine
>
> Wilhelm Sanke
> Sat, 20 Sep 2008 11:59:50 -0700
>
> Rev engine 3-gm-2 displays both *.rev and *.mc-files in the "open
> stack" dialog as "Revolution stacks". Engine 3-gm-3 restricts the
> displayed stacks to files with the "*.rev" extension; even when you
> choose "All files" the display of mc-files is suppressed, but other
> files like dlls and txt files are shown. It is even impossible to
> enforce the display of mc-files by typing "*.mc" into the file name
> box of the open stack dialog. Putting the Revolution.exe engine 3-gm-3
> into the Metacard IDE shows the same restrictions: No mc-files are
> displayed. However, when you rename "Revolution.exe" to "MC.exe", both
> "Revolution stack"-files "rev" and "mc" are displayed in the "open
> stack" dialog - like before in gm-2 with "Revolution.exe". This holds
> for both IDEs, the Revolution and the Metacard IDE. The consequence
> for users that primarily work with the Rev IDE - but wish to access
> Metacard files once in a while - would be to rename their Rev engine
> to "MC.exe". This works fine within the Rev IDE.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke