How would I automatically insert username/password into .htaccess with livecode?

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Tue Nov 22 22:57:54 EST 2011

To go one step further - I need to also write a .htpasswd file with
username:password - and that password needs to be encrypted.

The
.htpasswd file has to be out of public reach. The .htaccess refers to
the .htpasswd file and has to be in the folders to be protected.

All
of the folders already exist and the .htaccess and .htpasswd
files/folders are also in use.

I just need to know how to populate
them within a live code program (I would be using the web module).

Mike

On 22.11.2011 21:36, Admin wrote:

> I want to write my own
shopping cart because I need very specific
> functionality.
>
> To do
this, I need to open a .htaccess file on the
> server, insert a username
and password and then save that file.

> Then
> the cart will allow
them to download multiple files (some are BIG).

> How would I go
about this?