text color part 2

John Brozycki johnb at hvc.rr.com
Tue Nov 22 20:22:51 EST 2011

Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've typically done just that to color text.  The problem is, in this case, the field contains plaintext that is actual html, and I need to be able to view it without it disappearing and modifying other text.  For example, a search could be done on, say, "<font" and I want it to find all of this occurrences and color them to make them stand out.  Mike's suggestion got me to an answer, and we both posted working solutions.

Just want to say how thankful I am for this list and everyone who has helped me either directly by replying to a question I asked, or indirectly by helping someone else and I've benefited from the answer.

Best,
John