Android/iOS datapoints

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 21 13:45:55 EST 2011

On 11/21/11 12:35 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> One of my Flash buddies gave me some figures for you. For this app (originally written in GameSalad, re-written in Corona):
>
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-secret-of-grisly-manor/id384282298?mt=8
> https://market.android.com/details?id=com.firemaplegames.games.the_secretofgrislymanor
> http://www.amazon.com/The-Secret-of-Grisly-Manor/dp/B004FOA84A
>
> Here are some sales figures for a one year period:
>
> iOS: 106,000 copies sold
> Android: 72,000 copies sold
> Android without Nook or Fire: 5,000 copies sold

You know him? Cool. I downloaded that game and played it on the plane on
the way back home from the last Rev conference. It was perfect for the trip.

But I remember that it was the free Amazon app of the day, which is how
I noticed it and so I grabbed it. That makes me wonder how many of the
Android numbers were downloaded for free?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com