RevBrowser: clearing its cache?

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sun Nov 20 13:06:04 EST 2011

Tereza,

Is there some reason why you can't work on http pages on an online server
rather than on your local machine?
This 'sandbox' could be a directory on a server that is password protected
until ready for public. Then the 'Disable Caches' method in the Developer
menu of Safari will work.

As web pages are text and usually small, the upload time is quite fast and
all the popular FTP programs will allow the double clicking in FTP listings
and launch the document in the assigned text editor. Moreover (at least on
the Mac) when you SAVE this document as you normally do, the file is not
saved locally, but patched back into your FTP program and saved on the
server.

Your *edit, 'compile' , run and refresh* cycle can be nearly as fast as
working on the desktop, even with an ordinary DSL line.

In the days of  using Dreamweaver and avoidance of hand editing, working
locally with a shadow set of files and reconciling made sense with slow
connections. The method above is much more efficient and works for 'fixing
in situ" as well.