RevBrowser: clearing its cache?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Nov 19 21:28:31 EST 2011

On 11/19/11 8:05 PM, Tereza Snyder wrote:
> Yeah, I thought for sure there’s be some kind of cache-disabling call
> but I haven’t discovered it. Since I’m building the pages with LC,
> previewing them in RevBrowser was a no-brainer--but not worth the
> agony of seeing a bug persist through one dreary iteration after
> another until finally the coin drops and you realize you fixed it on
> the first try, but you’ve just been looking at the same buggy over
> and over.

I hate that. The same thing happens on mobile builds, so heads up to
anyone who's doing that. I wasted a whole evening early on, reloading
multiple iOS standalones over and over trying to fix a bug. The iPad
would go through the whole installation routine and run its little
progress bar exactly like it was replacing the original, but it didn't
actually DO anything. I finally realized that if you don't change the
version number you get the whole cosmetic "installing" business but the
file on disk is never replaced.

Android is almost the same, only it gives you a dialog warning that the
new app will replace the old one. If you don't see the dialog then at
least you know nothing is going to change. It will still happily act as
if it's installing something anyway though.

It's probably a test to see how smart we are.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com