[OT] A FLASH in the pan? Part 2

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 15:58:23 EST 2011

On 11/19/2011 09:45 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> You'll hopefully enjoy these two sites:
>
> http://occupyhtml.org/
>
> http://occupyoccupyflash.org/

Yes . . .  :)

Although I should point out that I am Flash-neutral.

What worries me is word like 'force', 'modern' and 'standards'; all
smacking of
totalitarian thinking; and the website dressed up as a sort of "Che
Guevara scorns Flash"
sort of arrangement - and, as we all know, despite having loads of fun
spraying stencils of Che all over
our neighbourhoods, and so on, Che Guevara was a nasty piece of stuff,
enjoying nothing more than
emptying his pistol into those who disagreed with him: the spoilt
rich-kid who didn't want others to have
the privileged upbringing he had, so drag them all into the gutter at
gunpoint - this is something that we all should reflect one, whatever
our political leanings; intemperate dogmatism never really did anybody
any good.

Of course the "occupy html" site uses the same imagery, but as we
understand it is a reaction to
the first site (and uses far less emotive language), we can forgive that.