Confused about substacks

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Nov 18 18:36:08 EST 2011

Hi all.

I am a bit confused now. I created a new stack, saved it, made it a substack of my splash stack. No problemo. I can see the substack on the hard drive, I can see the substack in the application browser as a substack of my splash stack.

BUT THEN...

I right clicked my splash stack in the application browser, and created a new substack, named it, saved it, application browser looks peachy, but the stack file is not visible on the hard drive! Does making a stack a substack create a COPY of the original stack and imbed it in the main stack, or is the file hiding somewhere else on my hard drive? If the former, then am I correct in thinking I do not need the other stack files I CAN see on my hard drive, because there are now copies of them in the main stack?

I am soooo confused...

Bob