DataGrid Speed

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Fri Nov 18 16:49:34 EST 2011

I think I understood him to say he would build his own array and then populate using dgData. My personal preference, once I understood what datagrids did with arrays, is to always use arrays when I can. sqlYoga returns datagrid compatible arrays, so you can get a data set through a query, and then set the dgData of the datagrid directly. Very handy.

However, if the initial population of the datagrid is underway, and your data is already delimited text, just use dgText and let the datagrid library handle building the array for you. After that you can work with row elements as needed by accessing the various datagrid array functions for doing that.

Maybe I didn't understand the question though.

Bob