special folders in iOS

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at me.com
Mon Nov 14 15:20:46 EST 2011

I'm still trying to do some research, but so far I'm hitting a dead end. Can anyone tell me if there is a certain folder in an iOS app's sandbox where data (in this case data would be media files such as pictures, audio, etc.) can be placed where it will get backed up to iTunes *as well as* sync with other devices?

For example, say I want to download a package of content via in-app purchasing. I want the users (in this case it could be teachers at a school) to be able to sync the device where the purchase was made, and then sync additional devices and have the downloaded content copy to all synced devices without having to download it over wi-fi on every device. Is something like this possible?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Sheffield