lc shell and command line

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 12:03:44 EST 2011

Thanks guys.  Yes, I know about sudo.  The idea was to get the user to put in
the root password on each occasion, not to store it someplace which you're
quite right of course would be very unwise.

I think maybe livecode is not what I should be using for this, the right way
is probably to have a shell script launched from a launcher on the desktop.
Its a bit complicated because what is needed is to launch a first script
which then calls a second one and executes as root.  My second problem with
livecode was how to call the shell in such a way as to have the user enter
the password and then carry on with the script.

Its not quite so user friendly if it is all done in a terminal window, but
it will work.

Peter