[OT?] ADOBE DROPS FLASH for HTML5

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Nov 11 20:51:48 EST 2011

Dave-

Friday, November 11, 2011, 9:12:20 AM, you wrote:

> Richard, maybe I misunderstand what you are describing, but I
> like the idea of installing a single runtime engine to run much
> smaller and easily installed app. I'd love to see something similar
> for LiveCode, and then "apps" would just consist of the stack file.

...and we used to be have that ability, before it was nixed in rev 4.0
or something. I used to create little stack apps to do tasks and run
them from the commandline with the -f option. Made for a nice
alternative to perl or <insert another tool here>.

Now I do that with ruby. Another market niche lost to LiveCode. It's
getting to be less and less something I use in my work and more of
just something to play around with in my spare time.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net