[OT?] ADOBE DROPS FLASH for HTML5

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 12:12:20 EST 2011

On 11 Nov 2011, at 14:29, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> AIR is fundamentally flawed by requiring the installation of the engine separately from the apps that use it.

Richard, maybe I misunderstand what you are describing, but I like the idea of installing a single runtime engine to run much smaller and easily installed app. I'd love to see something similar for LiveCode, and then "apps" would just consist of the stack file. No platform-specific installers or standalones to build.  I find the AIR installation process pretty seemless. An extra download the first time, but part of the same installation process.  (I agree that the AIR update notifications can be annoying.)

Dave