[OT?] ADOBE DROPS FLASH for HTML5

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed Nov 9 17:25:34 EST 2011

> On the contrary, unlike Director it seems Flash is very much
> alive, just changing the engine from a plugin to WebKit -
> from the horse's mouth:
>

> Flash to Focus on PC Browsing and Mobile Apps; Adobe to More
> Aggressively Contribute to HTML5

Right - but here's the rub. Even if application builders (Flash or whatever)
export HTML5 versions for use on mobile devices, that's still two different
versions of applications that will need supporting, right? I don't think
they can make all the same apps with HTML5 that they can with Flash (as
Colin basically implied).

I can see why they might pursue this strategy since Apple (and I would guess
MS too) have blown off Flash playback, and that its probably easier than
dealing with a huge number of hardware makers.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software