Passing Parameters

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Nov 9 05:33:16 EST 2011

Pete,

Most programmes were not written for socket communication. Instead, they write to stdout, which can be read from using the read from process command. Writing to stdout is much easier than writing to a socket. However, if you are writing the app you want to communicate with yourself, then you might as well use sockets. IIRC writing to stdout doesn't work correctly in LiveCode, which leaves sockets as a good alternative.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com