Just curious - how would I approach creating a drum machine in live code?

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Tue Nov 8 17:00:02 EST 2011

Hello all.

I have tons of drum samples (and a new product called
KLANG I want to release) and I would love to create a cross-platform
drum machine to play those samples with.

The reason I want to create
one is so I can call it my own - brand it and use it for future stuff.

How would I even approach this? How would I create the GUI?

and playing the samples seems rather easy, but allowing the user to
create patterns and then play those patterns?

Also, I would LOVE to
utilize MIDI for this - so the pattern is actually based in MIDI and the
loaded drum samples are in different MIDI channels.

Any thoughts?
Anyone want to collaborate?

Mike