Paradigma Software Inc released Free Business Ready Database andReports Server

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Nov 8 11:42:12 EST 2011

> this might be of interest for someone.
>
> Paradigma released "Free Business Ready Database and Reports Server.
>
> Visit the following link for more informations (including the terms)
>
> http://www.valentina-db.com/en/company/news/1-latest-news/257-
> paradigma-software-releases-free-business-ready-database-and-r
eports-server

Someone beat me to the punch of announcing! :-)

Valentina Office Server is our per-deployment server product. What most
people may not realize is that Valentina Office Server includes both
database and a reporting engine. Reports are stored in project files which
are a cross platform format. It is available on 32/64 bit Linux, Windows and
Mac OS X.

Technically speaking, you can connect to Valentina Office Server from almost
every major dev environment/runtime on these platforms. Our commercial
product Database ADK has two componentsa: a Client/Connector and a local
runtime. The Client/Connector works without a serial number, and supports a
single connection (the cost of ADK comes from having a local db runtime). As
most people know, we support LiveCode on Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.

We've been  getting waves of questions from the press and also people
requesting licenses, so as those are answered we've been updating the FAQ
(such as that you can actually get 3 licenses, one for each OS). Something
also to keep in mind is that, Valentina DB isn't just another relational
database - there are very good reasons why people pay money to license it in
this era of FOSS. These include -

- Ultra fast complex queries. Columnar DBs are fast. We've been working at
it steadily for well over a decade. Imagine sharing the result of an ad hoc
query during a meeting rather than telling a client you'll call them the
next day.
- Modern object-relational model. You can port over your db with schema set
up like you normally would for MySQL. But you can also refine your schema to
reduce complexity, increase readability of code and database size. Say
goodbye to a lot of intermediary tables!
- Lots of native connectors. We make them all, and they work just fine,
including server side ones for PHP and RoR, and "client" size ones like
LiveCode, xCode/Objective-C/Mac, xCode/Objective-C/iPhone, .NET and even
COM. Free admin tools to use on your iPhone and iPad.
- Very good security and compression options. Many companies use Valentina
to store images, big BLOBs of text and the like. Blowfish encryption (and
SSL with Office Server).

There is a lot more.

Anyway - now everyone can have a real powerhouse server in their small and
medium sized workgroups and companies for no cost.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software