Use of dgIndex

Michael Doub mike at doub.com
Tue Nov 8 08:15:49 EST 2011

This is driving me crazy.    I  modified my real project code as well as my test stack to use the following:

   put the dgIndex of me into tindex
   put the dgIndexes of theGrid into tlist
   set itemdel to comma
   put itemOffset(tindex,tlist) into myPosition

The test stack works fine, but in my project code dgIndex is not retuning anything!    I captured the value of me in both the test stack and my project.  I get different values of me!

test stack returns  group "Row Template 0001"  (number part seems to be = to dgLine and it increments)

my project stack returns  group "Row Template"

Does anyone know if there are any interactions between the debugger and data grids?   I wonder if I have messed up some internal state of the data grid while debugging.

My project code is managing 2 different sortings of the data.  The different sortings are being directed to the data grid by calling

Dispatch "SortDataByKey"  to group "DataGrid" of card Main with \
         "LastName","text","ascending",true
   get the sortOrder of Card "Main"

and

 Dispatch "SortDataByKey"  to group "DataGrid" of card Main with \
            "DaysTill","numeric","ascending",true

from the open stack hander.

I can't believe that sorting is causing this but I am at a loss at this point …. And I have a sinking feeling that SortDataByKey is not a stable sort if it is called multiple times.   Does anyone know for sure?