Use of dgIndex

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 19:56:21 EST 2011

ah, I betcha I know what it is. I italicised the script portion and bet
whatever client you use doesn't recognize it. Either way, heres the script
again no italics.

on FillInData pDataArray
   put empty into fld "DLabel" of me
   if pDataArray["FirstName"] is not empty then
      put pDataArray["FirstName"] & space after fld "DLabel" of me
   end if
   if pDataArray["MiddleName"] is not empty then
      put pDataArray["MiddleName"] & space after fld "DLabel" of me
   end if
   put  pDataArray["LastName"] after fld "DLabel" of me
   put char 1 of fld "DLabel" of me into fld "HLabel" of me
   set the vis of fld "HLabel" of me to false
   set the vis of graphic "HBackground" of me to false
   put the dgControl of me into theGrid
   put the dgIndex of me into tindex
   if tindex is empty then
      put "error" into fld "HLabel" of me
      set the vis of fld "HLabel" of me to true
      set the vis of graphic "HBackground" of me to true
   else
      put the dgIndexes of theGrid into tlist
      set itemdel to comma
      put itemOffset(tindex,tlist) into myPosition
      If the dgindex of me = 1 then
         -- we have the first item so show a header
         set the vis of fld "HLabel" of me to true
         set the vis of graphic "HBackground" of me to true
      else
         put the dgline of me - 1 into previousIndex
         --item (myPosition -1) of tlist into previousIndex
         put the dgDataOfline[previousIndex] of me into theotherdata
         put  theotherdata["firstName"] & return after msg
         if the first char of theotherdata["FirstName"] <> the first char
of pDataArray["FirstName"] then
            -- we found a break so show a header
            set the vis of fld "HLabel" of me to true
            set the vis of graphic "HBackground" of me to true
         end if
      end if
   end if
end FillInData