Passing Parameters

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Nov 7 06:41:52 EST 2011

Hi Cal,

You can start up a standalone from the commandline with

C:/path/to/standalone.exe param1 param2,...
~/applications/standalone.app param1 param2...

In your standalone you can retrieve the values in $1, $2,... anywhere in your scripts:

put $1 into fld 1
get item 2 of $2

If your standalone is already running, you can use sockets to communicate. Here's http://qery.us/1a2 an example of using sockets for telnet communication. Once you understand how sockets work, you can use them for inter-application communication.

On Mac OS X, you can also use AppleScript:

set myScript to "answer \"hi\""
tell application "Revolution" to do script myScript

Of course, the script limits apply, but if you only want to set the value of a variable, this should be sufficient.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com