use-livecode Digest, Vol 98, Issue 4

Michael Kristensen michael-kristensen at dsa-net.dk
Fri Nov 4 06:11:15 EDT 2011

Hi Mark

Very nice to see your additions.

One comment on the DPI

If you want a ruler that match your printer you should use 72.
Also if you fx want to calculate a perimeter or area of a square you should use 72.

At least on a Mac

To have the ruler appear "lifelike" I use 72/2.54 * 1.52 on an iMac 27

I have experimentet in a drawing app and found 152% to be lifelike on the screen
So in my case at 152% I see exactly what comes out of the printer.

Michael