PDFs

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Wed Nov 2 16:02:41 EDT 2011

As one of the most persistent LC developers to try to incorporate PDFs as humble bitmaps, I can report that I have actually made the ImageMagick/GhostScript route work, but the installation side is messy on Macs - don't know about Linux. It is kind of acceptable on PCs, but there I am getting increasingly hopeful of another solution for PCs: watch this space. Sadly that won't work for your Richmond, but I could explain more about ImageMagick off list if you like. Let me say quickly that all the ideas I have ever had about solving this problem have been inspired by contributions to this list.

Graham