Waiting for 'shell'

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Nov 1 11:48:01 EDT 2011

I have rather amazed myself by getting 'shell' to work on Windows from a LC script - with copious help from this list, of course. Now I find that some of my shell commands take quite a long time, so my user may not see anything happening and may think the app has crashed (hideConsoleWindows is true). Can anyone suggest a way I can show the program is still alive while the shell command is working - I'm thinking about a cursor 'busy' loop but it seems 'shell' is blocking so that won't work.

TIA

Graham