Incredibly slow revlet in Win 7

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 30 11:49:48 EDT 2011

On 3/30/11 4:14 AM, paul foraker wrote:
> Here's some more information from my user:
>
> My system is generally superfast, being a fast quad processor, with 8GB of
> RAM and an SSD drive.  I updated the video drivers yesterday and as
> mentioned, refreshed the operating system last week.  I am running 64 bit
> Windows 7.  I have not yet updated to Service Pack 1.
>
> Just ran another test while watching performance indicators on my system.
>   Everything remained quite quiet.  There was networking activity of about
> 35K bytes/second.  But speedtest.net just reported my overall speed of
> 22Mbps downstream and 4Mbps upstream, so 35K isn't pushing any limits on my
> network.
>
> The big time chunk is before the revlet loading page even shows up.  Once
> the revlet starts loading it is only a few seconds until I am ready to
> login.

I've heard about similar issues twice before, both times on new Windows
machines. One person solved it by reinstalling the OS, but that isn't an
ideal solution. I'm not sure what happened in the second case. Is this a
Dell machine? I think that was the common denominator in both cases.

If he's stalling out before your page even loads, it isn't a revlet
issue. Sounds more like a DNS issue. What happens if you give him the IP
numbers of the URL instead of using the standard named URL? That would
bypass DNS.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com