Arghhh. Is this stack corrupt?

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Tue Mar 29 18:08:26 EDT 2011

Gerry,

it is difficult to guess what is happening.

One thing that happened to me was that I wrote out a file to "documents" and
then I changed the app and tested in the Simulator and the iPhone and the
file was not what I expected. It turned out that the file saving was broken
but the file in "documents" was never replaced when I tested a new version
of the app. This is because when updating the app in the simulator or the
device the documents folder is NOT replaced.

You could try to delete the app from the Simulator before you test a new
version and add a timestamp to the text of the file to see when it was
written. the long time or somesuch.

Of course this might not apply to your situation which shurely sounds
strange.

Also I found it very helpful to add temporarily a backgroundgroup with a
field "fErr" to every card of the stack and have a handler in the stack
script
on errorDialog
   put  the params into field "fErr"
end errorDialog
(from one of the example stacks)

iOS specific code can fail silently and the rest of the code is not
executed. A great source of confusion.

Kind regards

Bernd