Problem with editing a field in a datagrid

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Mar 28 21:08:53 EDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Peter Haworth <pete at mollysrevenge.com>wrote:

> When I double click on the column to edit it, the editor field contains the
> truncated text, not the complete text so when I get the new value in
> CloseFieldEditor, I end up putting a string ending with the "..." chars
> instead of the full text.

The field editor just grabs the current value of the field being edited. If
you want to override it take a look at this lesson:

http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/10101-How-Can-I-Edit-The-Text-as-UTF-8-UTF-16-or-HTML-

You can change the default value by setting one fo the dgTemplateFieldEditor
properties. Look at htmltext, text, utf8text and unicodetext under
"Template Field Editor Properties" in the proeprties docs:

http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/manuals/datagrid/lessons/7343-Data-Grid-Properties

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems