best data format

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Mon Mar 28 20:09:53 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am building an app that will be a front end for some online databases.
These databases can be accessed using simple http requests. So event
something as simple as

put tURL into field "data"

works just fine. I can get the data down in a nice clean xml. Or I could get
it as a tab delineated text.  Or what ever.  The data will be displayed,
filtered, listed, edited and sent back to the server.

My question is what is the best format to use as my "local" copy of the
data? I

Should I just leave it as XML, or TAB, or should I convert it to an array?

Are there significant differences in speed or facility between these
options?

Thanks

Todd

Todd Geist