OT: PHP Assist

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Sun Mar 27 15:05:27 EDT 2011

Gentlemen,

My goal is to upload compressed data to a file on a sever.  I don't want to use ftp.  So, I am trying to use a php script.  I am getting Rev to POST the data, and I have a PHP script on my server that is writing the data.  The problem is that the data that is written is incorrect.  Not really sure if it's corrupted or if it's being wrapped with something or what.  I think I am POSTing the data correctly and the problem is in the PHP.  But, I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time!).  Any assistance anyone has would be GREATLY appreciated!

Here is my script from LiveCode:

put "" into tPostData
if libUrlMultipartFormData(tPostData,"DID",getDID(),"TID",sTeacherID) is not "" then
  --there was an error.  deal with it.

else
  set the httpHeaders to line 1 of tPostData
  delete line 1 of tPostData
  if libUrlMultipartFormAddPart(tPostData,"TDATA",rctDataToWrite,"application/binary","binary") is not "" then
    --there was an error.  deal with it.

  else
    put "http://www.myserver.com/folder1/saveData.php" into phpAddress
    post tPostData to url phpAddress
  end if
end if

Here is my php script:

<?php

	$dCode = $_POST["DID"]; //the DCode
	$sTeacherID = $_POST["TID"]; //the Teacher ID Number
	$theData = $_POST["TDATA"]; //the compressed data to write

	//construct file path
	$sFileName = $dCode . "/someFolder/" . $sTeacherID . ".rct";

	if (is_writable($sFileName)) {
	    if (!$handle = fopen($sFileName, 'wb')) {
	         echo "ERROR 100: Cannot open file.";
	         exit;
	    }

	    // Write $theData to the file.
	    if (fwrite($handle, $theData) === FALSE) {
	        echo "ERROR 101: Cannot write to file.";
	        exit;
	    }

	    echo "Success, wrote ($theData) to file ($sFileName)";

	    //close the file
	    fclose($handle);

	} else {
	    echo "ERROR 102: The file is not writable ($sFileName).";
	}
?>

Again, any assistance anyone has would be GREATLY appreciated!

-Dan