Weird script behaviour (was libUrlDownloadToFile & urlProgress)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 23 01:40:08 EDT 2011

On 3/22/11 8:38 PM, Gerry Orkin wrote:
> Jacqueline,
>
> As I mentioned, it goes crazy. Setting a breakpoint in the referring
> button script jumps me to the top line of the card script, but not to
> the handler being called. The trace shows that LiveCode is attempting
> to evaluate every line of code in the card script, starting from the
> top, and including blank lines.

Are you using the "send" command instead of just calling handlers
directly? Those won't break unless you put a breakpoint into the handler
you're sending to. But in general you shouldn't need to use "send" for
most things. Too many "send" commands in a row can set up a chain
reaction and pending messages will run out of control.

I've never heard of a problem like this, so it's hard to diagnose. If
you post the part of your script where it goes off track maybe we'll see
something.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com