SQL and other databases

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Mar 22 18:19:08 EDT 2011

I mean that sqLite is just a file on the local hard drive. If they were benchmarking mySQL running locally, I guess it's sort of the same thing, but mySQL still uses the networking protocols right? I mean you have to connect via localhost or the IP of the local machine, so it's still using networking protocols, and that may account for any perceived delay.

Bob