the standard dirty document mark

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Tue Mar 22 14:49:18 EDT 2011

On HUG-aware apps the space inside the window-close "bubble" on OSX is
supposed to go slightly dark to indicate to the user that something on the
document has changed. The detection of what will 'dirty' is up to the
programmer.

It was added to the new version after it turned out to be a blocker in
getting apps into the Apple store if it wasn't there.  On the developers'
list, it was asked for and we got to see the team add many improvements and
fixes practically before our eyes. The feedback loop is quite tight these
days IMHO.