libUrlDownloadToFile & urlProgress

Gerry gerry.orkin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 00:29:28 EDT 2011

I'm using libUrlDownloadToFile to download some mp3s. As you might know libUrlDownloadToFile periodically sends the message "urlProgress" to the originating object so you can monitor the progress of downloads.

It's working well, but I'm confused about when libUrlDownloadToFile stops sending the urlProgress message. Does it stop once the download is complete? Or do I have to explicitly kill it?

I ask because I'm getting some weird behaviour that is very hard to explain...but knowing how and when the urlProgress message stops being sent will assist me in troubleshooting :)

Oh, and I'm working off page 14 of the iOS release notes. The user guide entries for libUrlDownloadToFile just confuse me, as it appears to be documentation for a slightly different version of the libUrlDownloadToFile command.

Cheers

Gerry