Unicode and Mac keyboard layouts.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 13:19:25 EDT 2011

On 03/21/2011 02:28 PM, Peter W A Wood wrote:
> Richmond
>
> On 21 Mar 2011, at 18:35, Richmond wrote:
>
>> Hey-Ho; there I am, merrily typing a letter to Mother in Sanskrit in
>> my (endless system development lifecycle) Devawriter and the Mac
>> merrily trips over into a Devanagari keyboard entry method that starts
>> interfering with the method in my stack . . .
> You wouldn't happen to have Devanagari or Devanagari - QWERTY selected under
> System Preferences>Language&  Test>Input Sources by any chance would you?
That is EXACTLY the problem; if those Input Sources are selected
everything goes wrong.

What worries me is that I have no way of ensuring that end-users, who,
after all, work with
Devanagari, won't have those Input Sources selected.

So my question is whether there is anyway to set Livecode to over-ride
those Input Sources.