combobox

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Mon Mar 21 11:51:35 EDT 2011

On Mar 21, 2011, at 1:28 AM, Terry Judd wrote:

> Well, that's a real problem. FWIW I can't reproduce a crash here in 4.5.3
> (Mac) or 4.5.1 (Win).
>
> I've just tried a slightly more sophisticated version of my test routine
> (that is more like the situation you originally outlined) and it all works
> fine. I'm using a list of words in a field as a starting point rather than a
> database, so is there any chance you have some dodgy or unexpected
> characters/linebreaks/encoding that might be throwing a spanner in the
> works?

The list is all lower case ascii characters. I double checked and yep, all lower case ASCII. I'm beginning to wonder if the IDE is corrupted somehow? Or maybe this is a bug that got fixed in 4.5.2 or 4.5.3?

Thank you so much for all the suggestions. Will see if the Livecode team can provide one example of how to use a combobox. Thanks,

Kee