PlonkerPoint

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 15:41:00 EDT 2011

I do presentations occasionally for someone who has to give them in a variety
of windows centric venues.  We do them in OpenOffice, and then export them
as PDFs for the venues.  Never had a problem.  He typically just takes along
a little usb stick with them on, or sometimes emails them to the venue, and
they work perfectly.  Of course, you don't get a lot of the effects, but
neither he nor his audiences seem to mind, and his presentations seem to be
very well received.

At least with PDFs its pretty much guaranteed to play anywhere, in the exact
form in which you exported it.