Presenting with LiveCode instead of PowerPoint/Keynote

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Mar 18 15:27:05 EDT 2011

J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 3/18/11 2:06 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
>> Kevin Miller, the ceo, was spotted at a Revcon a couple of years ago using
>> his own home-made presentation stack.
>
> Yup. And in fact, almost all the conference presentations have been
> home-made stacks, and for more recent conferences RR has been sending
> out template stacks so everyone's presentations will be more consistent.

Same here.  When I presented at SCaLE last month, the MacTech conference
in November, an archaeology symposium the year before, and every Rev
conference I've attended, I always made my slide shows in Rev.

I find most presentation tools too cumbersome to work with, but with Rev
I not only get them exactly how I want them but I can also automate some
of their construction from my outlines in ways that would be way too
complicated to attempt in PowerPoint of OpenOffice.

At SCaLE someone asked me what I made my presentation in, and I told him
I was able to make the presentation and the authoring system to build it
all within three hours using a tool called LiveCode. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World