Sort of OT: mysql and select from two tables...?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Wed Mar 16 22:59:34 EDT 2011

I was just trying to get this to work straight with php and mysql, at least first off. I remember hearing others say the revmobile does not allow for LiveCode 's mySQL commands to work from within a mobile app. I thought I had heard, if you can just call "post" commands from within your revmobile app, you could still access mysql from your revmobile app.

I keep trying to think of php and mysql commands the same way i think of LiveCode. That's my problem :-)

The user log in I was referring to in the earlier post was just a mysql query that compares what the user types in on the form for username and password. If they match they move on, if they don't match, they get to try again. A username and password match instigates a "session_start() and that code is placed at the top of each html page. I think this was a pretty typically way to create a basic form based login using php and mysql.

My attempt to query the student_user table for all students associated to that teacher via an entry in the teacher_user table, the teacher's unique id, was what i was after. It would be much easier to do this in a rev app. I could just store all the teacher data from the table teacher_user, and pull it out when querying tables other than teacher_user, such as the student_user table.

Thanks!

John Patten
SUSD