More regex madness

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Mar 16 20:20:40 EDT 2011

Hi all.

I read over the regex specifications, and I am more confused than ever. I want to find, say any text and "varchar" and any text and "default" and any text. I would think that:

matchText("varchar(255) default `Yes`", "*varchar*default*") would return true, but no. I get:

Message execution error:
Error description: matchChunk: error in pattern expression
Hint: bad escape sequence

However:

put matchText("varchar(255) default `Yes`", "varchar")

returns true.

How do I use wild cards?? I really thought I understood at least the basics of regex, but I see I do not.

Bob