Live LiveCode Code Event #14 Summary

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Mar 15 19:13:29 EDT 2011

Dear LiveCoders,

Last Saturday, 12 March, we had another nice on-line gathering of LiveCode fans. This time we had 3 completely different presentations. This time, nobody forgot to record his/her presentation this time and thus you can watch them all again if you like.

Björnke started the event with an introduction on custom properties. Björnke's presentation can be found at http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13277421
and the stack he created during the presentation can be downloaded here http://qery.us/ok

Judy showed why LiveCode is the ideal tool to create much-needed educational solutions in very little time. Multiplication Bingo is one of those solutions and she explained how mere mortals can achieve such things. Judy's presentation can be found at http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13278620

David finished the evening with a presentation of why and how to build an IRC client in LiveCode. If you are interested in checking out the code, then head over to the projects wiki for the LiveCode "Chat" project, which can be found here http://code.livecode.tv/Chat . David's presentation can be found at http://blip.tv/file/4876908

We are still looking for people who are willing to do a presentation. Please look at http://qery.us/oj for ideas and contact me through this web form http://qery.us/du to tell me when you're available.