Text as dragImage

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Mar 14 22:47:06 EDT 2011

Thanks, Monte, Marty and Colin for your suggestions.

I had mistakenly assumed that if a field was hidden a snapshot of the field would not show that field, but what was behind it. The dictionary entry for import snapshot is not as clear as is could be, but with a little trial and error I came up with this:

on dragStart
    set the allowableDragActions to "copy"
    set the dragAction to "copy"
    set the dragData["private"] to word 2 of the clickLIne
    put the clicktext into tText
    put tText into fld "dragFld"
    set the width of fld "dragFld" to the formattedWidth of fld "dragFld"
    lock screen
    import snapshot from (the long id of fld "dragFld" of this cd)
    set the name of last image of this card to "dragImg"
    hide img "dragImg"
    unlock screen
    set the dragImage to the id of img "dragImg"
end dragStart

on dragEnd
    delete img "dragImg"
    put the dragDestination into tDest
    if tDest is empty then
        beep
        exit to top
    end if
    if the short name of tDest is "assignedStudents" then
        put dragData["private"] into tLineToAdd
        addNameToAssignedFld tLineToAdd
    end if
end dragEnd

This works, but is there any way to prevent the standard "+" symbol icon from appearing during a drag drop operation?
\
Regard,
Devin