Ann: Installer Maker 1.6.1

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Mar 14 16:49:29 EDT 2011

Dear folks,

About a year and a half ago, Economy-x-Talk released the Installer Maker as a plugin for LiveCode (still Revolution at the time). One of the limitations of the plug-in is that other stacks should be closed before building an installer in the IDE.

We have received many requests to get around this limitation. As a solution, a standalone version of the Installer Maker is now offered. This means that you can experiment in the IDE, save your stacks to your standalone folder, and immediately re-build your installer, without having to set up everything again (as long as you keep Installer Maker running).

Moreover, from now on the Installer Maker allows you to build a test installer without buying a license first. You can run the test installer on the computer on which it is built.

Installer Maker 1.6.2 is the first version that is also available as a standalone. There might be a few small glitches, which will naturally get fixed in due time.

Please, show me that our efforts to meet your requirements are not in vain ;-)

You can download Installer Maker at
http://installermaker.economy-x-talk.com/

and the Installer Maker Plugin for LiveCode at
http://rrinstallermaker.economy-x-talk.com/

Thanks,

Mark

--