Having fits with the menu bar

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 12 02:02:46 EST 2011

On 3/11/11 7:13 PM, James Hurley wrote:
> &&%R$$#^#*((
>
> I'm trying to keep this clean.
>
> I'm getting  nowhere with the menu bar. (Mac OS)
>
> I have two item in the menu bar, a "File" menu and a "Help" menu.
> They both work as expected in the IDE.
>
> But when I set the menubar property of the stack to the name of the
> menu bar group, the menu disappears.

You mean, besides the expected roll-up?

> If I then check the "Preview in
> menu bar", I then see two items in the Menu bar. They are:
>
> Revolution and File
>
> instead of
>
> File and Help.

What version are you using? It should say "LiveCode" now. I mean, it
shouldn't say anything IDE-related, but if it was going to error, it
should say LiveCode.

> The items under "Revolution" and "File" are not the item I put there
> in the IDE.
>
> I have set the style of each button to "menu" and the menuMode to
> "pulldown"

I think you need to add an Edit menu. All operating systems pretty much
require one, even if it's disabled. The engine assumes the last item in
the Edit menu is "Preferences" and tries to move it to the Preferences
location on OS X, and I'm betting it's getting confused because you
don't have an Edit menu.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com