Live LiveCode Code Event #14
m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Mar 10 20:40:19 EST 2011
Before making the announcement, I have an urgent request. For next week, we have no presenters yet and if YOU don't speak up, Björnke's wonderful initiative might die a silent death eventually. I'm sure YOU don't want that, so YOU are urgently requested to take the stand. Who, ME?! Yes, YOU! Don't think that someone else might do it instead of YOU, because that someone else already did one or two presentations during the past three months. Now it is YOUR turn. Send me an e-mail off-list NOW and tell me what YOU will talk about.
If you can't think of a topic yet, what would you say about:
- an introduction for newbies
- showing off your own projects
- discussing a neat little trick you discovered the other day
- general introduction for basic and intermediate LiveCode programmers
- introduction for Java or C++ programmers
- porting HyperCard stacks to LiveCode
- anything with regard to developing for iOS
- deploying applications to the iTunes store
- open process and related subjects
- setting up a server with LiveCode (irev, cgi)
- developing web applications
- creating revlets
- the intersect function (for objects)
- the merge function
- script limits, maximum sizes etc.
- any other LiveCode-related topic you like to talk about
You can contact me off-list by replying to my e-mail address or use the web form at http://qery.us/du .
This weekend's event is scheduled for Saturday, 12 March 2011 at 19:00h GMT (Sat. 22:00 in Moscow, Sat. 20:00 in Paris, Sat. 14:00 in New York, Sat. 11:00 in Los Angeles, Sun. 04:00 in Tokyo, Sun. 3:00 in Beijing). It will be the 14th edition of the Live LiveCode Event.
Björnke will start the event, telling us about custom properties.
Judy will show us why LiveCode is the ideal tool to create much-needed educational solutions in very little time. Multiplication Bingo is one of those solutions and she will explain how mere mortals can achieve such things.
David wraps it up with a treatise on building an IRC chat bot in LiveCode.
Make sure to use ChatRev during the happening, otherwise you won't know where to watch the streams, which will be announced in ChatRev. Download ChatRev here:
or enter in the message box:
go stack URL "http://bjoernke.com/chatrev/chatrev1.3b3.rev"
See also the following page for the same information (soon):
Economy-x-Talk Consulting and Software Engineering
New: Download the Installer Maker Plugin 1.6 for LiveCode here http://qery.us/ce
More information about the use-livecode