Comparing filenames based on case sensitive filepaths

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 09:17:15 EST 2011

If I understand what you mean, this might work

set the defualtfolder to justAbovethedirectoryToBeChecked
get shell(ls myTest |grep `ls -d myTest` -) --myTest is the folder name and
the filename
if it is empty then
answer information "They differ"
else
answer information "They match"
end if

I don't have a mac to test on, and so don't know if  ls is case sensitive on
mac. Even if it isn't, I THINK it will work since it should return the
actual case of the file and folder names at which point, grep is case
sensitive so should work fine.