Odd menu

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Mar 8 17:27:18 EST 2011

dunbarx wrote:

> I threw a small mainstack together and saved it. I used the menuBuilder to add a new menu (a default, "menu 4") and populated it with a few menuItems (also defaults, "item 1", "item 2", etc. up to "item 6"). No other actions, just this build procedure.
>

> But Menu 4 truncates the last two menuItems, so I only see 1-4. If I delete all but two, I see nothing, and in fact the menu itself disappears. If I add one more menuItem, (item 3 again) I see only item 1.
>

> If I do not set the menu as a stack menu all the items are there as advertised (I am on a Mac). Going back and forth does nothing. The other default menus, "File", "Edit" and "Help", all are fine. A new session works the same way.
>

> Anyone ever see this? I use custom menus all the time. No problem. LC v4.3.

It's a feature:  in HIG-compliant apps the last menu is "Help", and the
last menu item is "About" with second-to-last being a divider.

The menu will render unaltered on Linux and Windows, but since Mac is
different it moves the last item to the application menu and removes the
divider that had been above it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World