datagrid: force to send "on closeeditor" to one column

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Mar 8 16:01:00 EST 2011

I don't know what you mean by "drops a row". Do you mean deletes a row?

closeEditor gets sent to the dataGrid. The column is not an entity per se, the way a row is. You can get the data of an index or row and get the array for that row, but you cannot get the data of a column in the same way.

closeEditor is a system message that gets sent to the dataGrid (I believe) when you terminate the editing of the special field used for editing. You should be able to trap for that in the dataGrid script. If you want to generate the message yourself, you can dispatch closeEditor to the datagrid, but I do not think that will actually close the editor. If you trap it, then you should pass it when you are done.

Bob