use-livecode Digest, Vol 90, Issue 4

edward cawley etcawley at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 7 17:59:37 EST 2011

Still having trouble with a standalone to Windows. I know what's wrong but I'm not sure how to debug it. The program loads, the substacks work in the menubar and the navigation buttons all work, and some of the images grouped over the buttons also show but not all. The background images seem to show on the "open card" but then disappear. I'm sure it's a path problem but I'm not sure how to solve it. I'm running the Windows XP on VM Fusion and I'm a real newby on Windows after 30 yrs on Macs.
I modified Francis code as follows:

 put the platform into  GVHoldPlatform
   if GVHoldPlatform = "MacOS" then
      put "misippfiles/" into GVStackPath -- No leading drive on the  Mac.
   end if
   if GVHoldPlatform = "Win32" then
      --     System 7 patch to ensure using the Systems Disk for  "StackPath" on PC's
      put item 1 of specialfolderpath("system") &  "/misippfiles/"into  GVStackPath-- Get Stack Path with Disk ID.
      replace "WINDOWS/" with empty in  GVStackPath       -- Remove Windows Folder Name.
   end if

but I'm not sure how to see the results in the Windows program. TheGVStackPath seems to work in some parts of the script but not in others. I'll appreciate any suggestions.
Also a second minor problem -How do I increase the font size in the menu bar in the Windows program?