I need advise on slow start standalone

stgoldberg at aol.com stgoldberg at aol.com
Mon Mar 7 14:09:59 EST 2011

On several of my projects, where the opening standalone screen is not immediately responsive (particular on Windows) for say a half minute or more, I have found it useful to place a card titled "Loading" at the top of the stack.  The card has a simple black background with the words "Loading..." at the center.  The script for the card is:

on openStack

  if the short name of this card is "Loading" then go next
end openStack

Then, the user has more patience waiting for the program to fully load.  Hope this helps.
Stephen Goldberg
www.medmaster.net