OT: On-Rev antispam (& reCAPTCHA)

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Mar 7 06:05:56 EST 2011

Hi,
what I would like to know is what intention do have bots (the humans behind
the bots) to make useless entries into  blogs or - in my case - in signing
on to get a newsletter with non existent nonsense email addresses. The only
sense in that behavior I can think of is that there must be any kind of
forms where robots _do_ have any advantage from and all the other entries
(like in my newsletter) are just "collateral damages"
But up to now I couldn't imagine any sense behind that and couldn't find
anyone who could tell me. But I am sure you can!
Tiemo